The Memphis Grizzlies are based in Memphis, Tennessee, USA. They are part of the Southwest Division of the Western Conference in the NBA. Along with the Toronto Raptors, the Grizzlies were established in 1995 as part of the NBA’s expansion into Canada. The team originated that year in Vancouver, British Columbia and relocated to Memphis in 2001. The team’s majority owner is Michael Heisley, who controls a 95% share of the franchise; the remaining 5% is controlled by several local owners, including AutoZone founder J. R. (“Pitt”) Hyde, his wife Barbara Hyde, equity manager Staley Cates, and former NBA player and University of Memphis point guard Elliot Perry.
While two other teams in the four major North American sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL) play in Tennessee, the Grizzlies are the only team to currently play in Memphis.
NBA Playoff series predictions featuring winners abound. But what about the other guys? How can they pull off the improbable? Firstly, here’s my official winners, with an almost-serious Bold Prediction for each: East Boston vs Miami Miami in 5. A …
Where the Grizzlies are getting it done, a perky parade route for OKC, and where the Celtics are sinking… ___ There were a few of us believers in the Memphis Grizzlies in this particular postseason. The Grizz have now won …
Subscribe to all the Shoot Hoops news and articles straight to your RSS reader.
Sign up and get all the Shoot Hoops news straight to your inbox.
Follow us on Twitter and get in-stream messages